- Line your cookie sheet with Parchment Paper or Wax Paper
- In a microwave safe bowl heat 1 cup of chocolate chips for 1 minute, then stir until all the chocolate chips are melted. Then pour the melted chocolate onto your cookie sheet and spread. Repeat with the additional chocolate left in the bag.
- Cool the melted chocolate in the fridge for 10 mins
- Break your candy canes into chunks. We placed our candy canes inside of a zip lock bag and smashed them with a hammer! :) DIY baby!
- Removed the chocolate from the fridge
- Repeat step '2' heating instructions for the white chocolate. Pour the layer of white chocolate over the the milk chocolate. Then layer your candy cane chunks on top of the white chocolate and gently mush chunks into white chocolate using the back a spoon.
- Place the bark into the fridge and let chill for 2 hours
- Grab another cookie sheet and turn the bark upside down. Then break apart chunks with a knife.
Our Peppermint bark, ready to be broken up in chunks
Peppermint bark is my new obsession its so delicious!!! I like eat my all by its self or with a cup of hot coca YUM! I stored the bark we made in zip lock bag and kept it in the fridge. Next year we plan on giving Peppermint Bark away as Christmas presents :) Here's how our yummy bark turned out. Tabari just refers to it as 'bark' such a tween :)
See, proof that Peppermint Bark makes kids happy! lol
Even bigger smile!
Here's his, 'OK mom can I please eat my Bark already' look :)
Have you made Peppermint Bark before? What new sweets recipe did you and your family make over the holidays? Please feel free to share your recipe link with us!